An individual approach to your health
Chiropractic Solutions News – July 2018
Welcome to our July Newsletter, one month into winter and the crisp fresh air will either be leaving you invigorated and energised or counting the days until spring arrives. With School holidays and a lot of late night sport on TV in July (World Cup finishing July 15, Tour De France beginning July 7 & Wimbledon beginning July 2), we have some advice below to help you last the distance!
This month we have great information on the many services and expertise offered here at Chiropractic Solutions to aid you in living at your optimum. Did you know Drs Neil, Luke & Justin offer you different & unique skill sets to support you in living well? Living well incorporates the whole of you, physically, chemically and emotionally, and we have great articles below for your interest on healthy living plus a delicious recipe for some energy. So read on, forward onto any family or friends you feel may benefit, and feel free to discuss with us when we see you next.
- Dr Luke and Dr Neil will both be attending seminars this month. Dr Luke will be attending a running symposium in Melbourne on Friday 6th July-Saturday 7th July where he will continue to learn more about assessment and treatment of the runner. Dr Neil will be attending another FNOR seminar on Friday 20th July, where he will learn more about the complexities of managing pain.
- In August Dr Neil will be going on a Gonstead Chiropractic pilgrimage! He will be attending a Gonstead seminar in Mount Horab, Wisconsin, the hometown of the founder of Gonstead Chiropractic, followed by a visit to the first school of chiropractic Palmer College in Davenport. After visiting some of his chiropractic mentors & spending a few days with his family, Dr Neil will be back fresh & rejuvenated! He will be away from the 1st-22nd of August & resuming his clinic hours on the 23rd of August. He looks forward to sharing his stories with you on his return!
- Elise, one of our incredible CA’s, is off to East Timor! She has been selected as part of a volunteer delegation that will be teaching The World Game, soccer (the game she loves) to the underprivileged children of East Timor. We look forward to hearing all about her experiences when she returns on 22nd July .
The Power Nap
With all the late night sport on TV in July (World Cup, Tour De France & Wimbledon), sleep deprivation is inevitable! The Power nap can be an effective tool to use for those late nights, here are 4 tips for the perfect Power nap!
- 🛏Find a good place to nap
- ☕️Have caffeine right before you nap, make it a “nappachino”😉
- 🕟Set an alarm to go off in 15-20mins
- 😴Wake up on time
Our Mission Statement
Chiropractic Solutions incorporates the unique skill sets of Drs Neil Gomez (Clinical Neurology), Luke Nelson (Sports Chiropractic) and Justin Youssef (Gonstead Practitioner). We dedicate the time and expertise to improve the spine, nervous system, general health and wellbeing for patients of all ages. Many paths lead to good health and our practitioners share the common goal of achieving optimal health, wellbeing and performance and maintaining this throughout life.
You the patient can benefit from our exceptional supportive services including myotherapy, functional movement assessment, running analysis, golf movement screening, clinical neurological protocols, rehab strategies, nutritional and lifestyle advice.
Health is our most valuable possession. Patients we care for have lost their optimal health and our approach is:
Symptomatic Relief: In this initial stage of care our goal is:
- To uncover the exact cause of your health problem
- Suggest and provide care to produce fast results
- Offer advice so that you can actively participate in your recovery
- Explain and educate about health and the value of maintaining optimal health
Maintenance Care: Prevention is always better than cure. A periodic re-evaluation, can help you achieve your health goals and maintain optimal health.
Winter fusilli with beetroot, goat’s cheese and pecans
The change of seasons is a great way to bring in new recipes with the change in seasonal produce. A winter favourite is beetroot. Enjoy making this tasty and simple fusilli pasta recipe. The combination of beetroot, goat cheese and pecans is magic.
Which meditation style is best for you
There is incredible research that has demonstrated mindfulness meditation lowers inflammation in the body and brain. Read on to learn how to take it off your “should do” list and make it an essential part of your daily routine.
Poor fitness linked to weaker brain fibre, higher dementia risk
Just in case you needed yet another incentive to get off the couch, the evidence linking exercise with dementia risk continues to mount.
How to avoid catching stress
It’s official: Stress is contagious. So how can you avoid catching the worry bug?
Children have muscles that perform like endurance athletes
Ever wondered why kids can run around all day and never seem to get tired? A new study suggests it’s because their muscles resist fatigue in a similar way to those of elite endurance athletes.
Returning to exercise post illness
Resuming a fitness program after a bout of ill-health is all about being sensible, according to experts. That means being kind to your body, eating well and, most importantly, getting enough sleep.
How to stay motivated all winter
Update your work out, ward off colds, and embrace time indoors. Here are a few ways to stay motivated, happy, and healthy when the temperature drops.